Mario has over 15 years of advisory and capital raising experience in the technology sector working with numerous public and private technology clients across North America in domestic and cross border transactions.Prior to joining Origin as a Principal, Mario was Director of Technology Investment Banking at BMO Capital Markets, responsible for coverage of technology clients across North America. Previously, Mario was Executive Director of Technology, Media and Telecom Investment Banking at CIBC World Markets. Mario has extensive experience across several technology sectors, having completed transactions in the software, hardware, communications, IT services, Internet and digital media sectors.
Mario holds a MBA from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto and a Bachelor of Science with Honours from the University of Toronto Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
Mario’s select transaction list includes:
- Sale of Orderit.ca to Just Eat PLC (JE:LON)
- Investment by Information Services Corporation (ISV:TSX) in OneMove Technologies Inc.
- Acquisition of ESC Corporate Services Ltd. by Information Services Corporation (ISV:TSX)
- Unit offering of senior secured debentures for Berkeley Payment Solutions
- Acquisition of HSI by Syncordia Technologies and Healthcare Solutions (SYN:TSXV)