Mario has over 19 years of advisory and capital raising experience in the technology sector working with numerous public and private technology clients across North America in domestic and cross border transactions.Prior to joining Origin as a Principal, Mario was Director of Technology Investment Banking at BMO Capital Markets, responsible for coverage of technology clients across North America. Previously, Mario was Executive Director of Technology, Media and Telecom Investment Banking at CIBC World Markets. Mario has extensive experience across several technology sectors, having completed transactions in the software, hardware, communications, IT services, Internet and digital media sectors.
Mario holds a MBA from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto and a Bachelor of Science with Honours from the University of Toronto Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
Mario’s select transaction list includes:
- $27.5 million private placement financing for Mobile Klinik
- Sale of Yellow Pages’ Comfree/DuProprio online real estate business to Purplebricks PLC (PURP:LON)
- Acquisition of OnCorp by Dye & Durham Corporation
- Sale of Dealnet Capital’s Impact Mobile business to IMIMobile PLC (IMO:LON)
- Sale of Orderit.ca to Just Eat PLC (JE:LON)
- Acquisition of ESC Corporate Services Ltd. by Information Services Corporation (ISV:TSX)